There’s no better time than sitting out in the garden in the summer, with friends and drinks. But who said the healthy eating needs to go out of the window just because you want to have fun?! It doesn’t!! We have a fun and most importantly HEALTHY smoothie recipe that you could mix up, ready for when your friends arrive or even better, make together in the garden as a kind of mocktail making class!
- 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen mango, peeled + roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice + 1-2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 1 ripe banana, frozen if possible
- 3/4 cup almond/coconut milk
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- half a small raw beetroot, cut into chunks (optional)
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In your blender, mix the mango chunks, orange zest and half the orange juice. Add half of the (frozen) banana and blend. Pour the rest of the orange juice in and blend until smooth. Once smooth, add the chia seeds and blend until only just mixed, you don’t want to grind the seeds into the drink, you just want them to sit nicely in the mixture. Pour this mango mixture into a separate cup.
In the same blender (no need to clean it), add the remaining banana half, the raspberries and strawberries, goji berries, ginger, vanilla extract and beetroots for taste. Add the almond/coconut milk and blend until smooth, adding more milk if needed.
Pour the red smoothie into two glasses. Pour the mango smoothie over the top of the raspberry-goji smoothie and use a straw to mix them together slightly.
We recommend using cute Kilner jars or mini milk bottles to serve this smoothie, find some paper straws to decorate and enjoy!