Easter sucks when you’re trying to eat healthy, the shops are full of aisles of chocolate eggs and all of the TV adverts are of Easter feasts and hot cross buns. Diet is all about balance, so one (or two) Easter eggs is fine, however, our avocado devilled eggs recipe is a savoury alternative to a chocolate Easter eggs and we think its 10 times yummier! Here’s how:
- The juice of ½ a lime
- 2 tbsp. of red onion
- 2 ripe avocados
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 1 bag of chives (to garnish)
- A sprinkling of paprika (optional)
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthways. Keep 2 of the yolks and discard the rest.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado and 2 egg yolks.
- Mix in the lime juice and red onion.
- Scoop heaped spoons of the avocado mix into the halved eggs.
- Garnish with chives and finish off with a sprinkle of paprika, (optional but makes this recipe even more yummy!)
- Arrange the eggs on a bed of spinach.